1. A mineral that keeps grass green; “Fe” on the periodic table.
2. Layer of matted earth and grass. Also a term for artificial grass for sporting arenas.
3. A type of fine-leafed grass often found on a golf course.
4. Sticky earth. Some people use this to make pottery.
5. A lump of clay that is difficult to break apart. Rhymes with “sod”.
6. Edible plant used for flavoring. The first letter is silent.
7. Liquid absorption process of a plant. This is how their roots collect water from the soil.
8. A unit of land area that is traditionally 660 ft long by 66 feet wide.
9. A color pattern of leaves on a plant that contains multiple colors.
10. A water feature or fountain with a drilled stone serving as the centerpiece. In Wisconsin, this is the term they used to describe a drinking fountain.
1. Iron 2. Turf 3. Fescue 4. Clay 5. Clod 6. Herb 7. Osmosis 8. Acre 9. Variegation 10. Bubbler
Posted on April 15, 2022
Leave the yard work to the pros this year, you can browse our services and schedule an appoinment online, anytime !